Are you passionate about your community and keen to get involved in a local organisation?
The Orange Show Society secretary role could be the role for you. This honorary role is pivotal in the
organisation, performing caretaker duties of the society and ensuring its ongoing sustainability while
working with the committee in the preparation of our Annual Show, as well as ongoing duties in the running
of the society throughout the year.
As secretary you will provide administrative support for the committee and members throughout the year
and during the show with the aim of meeting members’ and the community’s expectations around the show.
Key duties may include but not be limited to:
• Providing support and information for the show committee;
• Promoting and presenting the interests of the Show Society’s members;
• Raising funds through subscriptions, sponsorships and competitions etc;
• Maintaining and promoting the historical value of the Show in your community;
• Developing communication content and marketing materials for the Show;
• General society administrative duties including banking, postal duties, monitoring email accounts,
telephone and social media enquiries;
• Being the primary contact for the ASC, ensuring all information is up to date;
• Maintaining OSS registers (members, sponsors, traders and volunteers)
• Administration and clerical, including bookings, liaising with show sections, production of show
schedule, and taking of and distributing minutes; and
• Providing high quality customer service to all stakeholders.
You will bring the following skills to the role:
• Strong communication skills both written and oral
• A ‘can do’ approach with a willingness to work as a team or solo on projects
• Intermediate computer skills particularly in the Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrate a strong ability to prioritise
• Willingness to research, find solutions and think outside of the box
• Demonstrated time management with the ability to meet deadlines & prioritise
• Ability to perform in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines.
• Working with Children Clearance
• Current Criminal Record Check
For a confidential discussion please contact Jaci on 0450 781 986.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter outlining your experience and understanding of the Agricultural Show movement to email@example.com
Applications close: 20 September 2021